Several datasets have been collected within this project. These datasets can freely be used for non-commercial usage with the condition of properly citing the corresponding publication. The list of these datasets is given below:
1. S. Al-Ma’adeed, D. Elliman, C.A. Higgins, A database for Arabic handwritten text recognition research, in 8th International Workshop on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada, 2002.
2. H. Hassen, S. Al-Ma’adeed, Arabic Handwriting Recognition using Sequential Minimal Optimization , in the 1st International Workshop on Arabic Script Analysis and Recognition (ASAR 2017), Loria Nancy, France.
A. Hassaïne, S. Al-Ma’adeed, J. Alja’am, A. Jaoua and A. Bouridane, The ICDAR2011 Arabic Writer Identification Contest, in 11th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, Beijing, China. September 2011.
A. Hassaïne and S. Al Maadeed, ICFHR2012 Competition on Writer Identification – Challenge 2: Arabic Scripts, in 13th International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition, p. 831-836, 2012.
1. Al-Maadeed, Somaya, et al. “Novel geometric features for off-line writer identification.” Pattern Analysis and Applications 19.3 (2016): 699-708.
2. Al Maadeed, Somaya, and Abdelaali Hassaine. “Automatic prediction of age, gender, and nationality in offline handwriting.” EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing 2014.1 (2014): 1-10.
3. S. Al-Maadeed, W. Ayouby, A. Hassaïne, J. Alja’am, QUWI: An Arabic and English Handwriting Dataset for Offline Writer Identification, in 13th International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition, p. 742-747, 2012.
4. Hassaïne, Abdelaali, et al. “The ICDAR2011 Arabic writer identification contest.” Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), 2011 International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.