Automatic Document Analysis Research Group
Welcome to our page for projects related to Document Image Processing. The following are the two main projects funded by QNR:
The aims of the project is to plan, analysis, design, build, and test a novel Intelligent document management system to help forensic scientists in document examination forensic Labs. This system should be able to:
- Compare two or more documents automatically, using the system.
- Remove documents backgrounds.
- Extract new discriminating features for Arabic handwriting from handwritten documents.
- Recognize unknown writers.
The project received research grant from Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) under the National Priorities Research Program (NPRP No. : NPRP 09 – 864 – 1 – 128 ).
- Stochastic degradation modeling and restoration.
- Data-driven Improving legibility of ancient manuscripts.
- Identify the various writers who were involved in the drafting of a manuscript or made corrections in the Arabic manuscripts.
- Locating handwritten material with missing dates and places within a particular chronological interval and specific geographical location.
The project received research grant from Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) under the National Priorities Research Program (NPRP No. : NPRP 7 – 442 – 1 – 082 ).